The Innovators’ Programme is designed to give entrepreneurs and early-stage start-up companies free access to workspace and workshops to help them grow and develop. It is about ensuring you and your company is ready to take the next steps to grow your business, from learning about the responsibilities of company directorship to what angel investors really look for.
What Will You Learn?
- How to pitch your idea
- Business planning
- Business basics
- Customer validation
- Branding and marketing
- Funding and capital
- Intellectual Property
- Sales and growth
Who Should Apply?
The Innovators’ Programme is open to Imperial College post-graduate students, researchers, staff and alumni as well as local entrepreneurs and companies based in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
You should apply for the Innovators’ Program if:
- You are an entrepreneur with an innovative idea, product, or early-stage company based in the London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- You are a researcher based at Imperial College London with novel IP and you want to learn more about turning that IP into a company
- You are an Imperial College London alumnus who has developed an innovative idea and wants support to turn it into a businesses
Prizes and Funding
There are three prizes:
- The overall winner prize consists of £6,000 worth of support (including £4,000 cash to help accelerate your business)
- Runner up prize consists of £4,000 worth of support (including £2,000 cash to help accelerate your business).
All participants will get access to three months of free co-working space at White City Incubator.
There will also be a prize for the company who demonstrates the most potential to create impact – this can be social, environmental or technological advancement. The Impact Award consists of £1,500 worth of support (including £1,000 cash to help accelerate your business).
- Friday 12 April – Applications open
- Wednesday 1 May – Applications close
- From Tuesday 7 May – Skype Interviews
- Thursday 9 May – Successful teams notified
- Monday 13 May – Programme commencement
How do I Apply?
Applications can be submitted online until midday, Wednesday 1 May. For more information, including eligibility criteria, programme outline and to submit your idea, visit: https://inno.im/WCIprog
If you want to know more about the programme and how it may help you and your company, please email Richelle McNae, Entrepreneurial Programmes Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org