Could you give just one hour a month to make the difference in the life of a young person?
The pandemic has hit young people in our communities hardest. Across Hounslow there are approaching 4000 young people seeking work.
To provide support to these young people, education charity Hounslow’s Promise has launched Connected Futures: Young Leaders Programme, run with the support of Hounslow Council and Hounslow Chamber of Commerce, which we are keen to support.
You may possess valuable skills and experiences that could be shared with a young person, potentially making the difference they need to make their next steps.
A good mentor can inspire renewed self-belief and motivation – they are trusted to be neutral and without judgement. For young people who otherwise may not have anyone to turn to and reflect on life experiences, this can make all the difference to success.
Could you support a young person to develop the skills they need to be successful in employment?
· Regular 1-1 mentoring from October 2021 – July 2022, around 2 hours a month
· A passion and commitment to supporting young people and your local community
· No previous experience is required, as full training will be provided
What you’ll get:
· Mentoring training from InterCHANGE People Development
· Ongoing support from a dedicated Hounslow’s Promise project team
· Opportunity to give back to their community and changing a young life
· Opportunity to grow their own networks and community experiences
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please follow this link for more information and to fill out an application form.
We would really like the encourage you to participate in this fantastic programme. If you need any further information, please contact Hounslow’s Promise directly on firstname.lastname@example.org