Find a training provider
Employers are responsible for choosing the correct apprenticeship standard for your business and a high quality training provider to deliver it. Key questions to ask potential training providers:
The training provider’s sector experience
- What experience do you have in providing training within my sector and how long have you been doing this?
- Do your trainers and assessors have particular relevant experience you can describe to me?
- What references or recommendations can you provide from other employers and current/ past Apprentices? Are there any I could speak to?
- Aside from your Ofsted report, do you hold any quality marks or accreditations?
- Can you outline the recruitment support you offer?
- How many students undertake this specific apprenticeship each year, and how much interest does the programme generate?
Costs associated with training
- What funding do you receive to support the training costs and where does that funding come from?
- Which Apprenticeship Standard will underpin the delivery? How does the funding to deliver differ between similar standards?
- Would my business be required to make a contribution and, if so, how much?
- Please can you outline fully all other costs involved, for example registration fees, travel expenses, payment for materials or equipment?
Facilities and equipment
- What facilities and equipment do you have and is it possible to take a tour of these?
- Will my business be required to provide any specific equipment?
Delivery of training
- Can the Apprenticeship be tailored to meet the specific needs of my business?
- How is the Apprenticeship training delivered (day release, on site, etc.) and can you deliver training out of hours if required?
- What percentage of the apprentices’ time will be spent training? Can I observe a training session being delivered?
- How are individual training needs assessed and how is training altered to meet them?
- How frequently will you visit the workplace to carry out assessments?
- Can an apprentice start their apprenticeship at any time of year?
- Do you have a copy of the Apprenticeship Standard learning objectives and assessment criteria?
- What time estimate would you put on an apprentice’s extra workload each week?
- How will you keep me updated on how each apprentice is progressing?
West London training providers:
[insert list from 2019 guide] – Include Ofsted ratings… should be minimium ‘Good’ to be included